Tooth Extractions – Palm Harbor, FL
How We Make Tooth Removal Easy
Every child will go through the loss of their baby teeth, but their permanent teeth are supposed to stay where they are for the rest of their life. Dr. Maggie and Dr. Lorielle will always consider restorative treatments and other options when they’re available, but should an extraction be needed, they’ll do everything they can to make the experience as straightforward and stress-free as possible for your child. Call us today if you think your little one needs tooth extractions in Palm Harbor, FL.
Why Choose Dr. Maggie Davis & Associates for Tooth Extractions?
- Multiple Options for Sedation
- Two Board-Certified Pediatric Dentists
- Family-Friendly Dental Office That Emphasizes Comfort
Reasons for Kids’ Tooth Extractions
- Irreparable Decay: Extracting a tooth is often recommended if pulp therapy or a filling isn’t enough to repair a large cavity.
- Serious Trauma: Fractures along the root surface of a tooth can’t be repaired with a crown.
- Orthodontics: Not every child who needs braces will also need a tooth extraction, but sometimes there’s no other way to create enough space to make the needed corrections.
The Tooth Extraction Process
As long as the tooth is already visible in the mouth, the extraction procedure will be fairly simple; all we need to do is loosen it with a special device called an elevator, then take it out with forceps. Surgery is only necessary if the tooth has yet to erupt or if it broke off at the gum line. However, there’s no need to worry about your child’s comfort; we’ll numb their mouth so that they don’t feel any pain, although they’ll probably notice some pressure.
Aftercare for Your Child’s Tooth Extraction
Stop your child from biting their tongue or cheek while their mouth is still numb; only let them consume liquids until the anesthetic wears off. Do not give them a straw, as it could dislodge the blood clot protecting the extraction site. For the next few days, only give them soft foods, and let them use a cold compress if they experience any swelling. Call us if it doesn’t seem like the pain is getting any better with time.